Monday, January 29, 2007

 

BAFTA (Birminham atrium fibrillation treatment of the aged.

Dear Dr Mant


My medical doctor diagnosed a atrium flatter 23 November 2006, and
prescribed me Marcoumar. By blood controle the INR has to be between 2
and 3.
I am a simple veterinary surgeon, 82 years old and have to use now and
than a couple of celebrex pills, when gout comes up. Moreover I use
omeprazole to keep my stomach quiet. To keep my blood pressure adequate
I use 5mg amlodipine and 4mg perindopril and since my atrium flatter 50
mg atenolol. I have no troubles with my atrium fibrillation and if my
doctor would not have told me, I would not have noticed it.
Reading an article in Neurology 2007; 68: 116-121 by M.L. Flaherty et al.:
The increasing incidence of anticoagulant-associated intracerebral hemorrhage,
I think maybe it is better to use 80mg aspirin with or without persantin (pirydamole)
to avoid anticoagulant-associated intracerebral hemorrhage.
I would be much obliged to you, if you let me know if you can agree with
my supposition.
sincerely yours Jan Goossens.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?