Monday, January 29, 2007

 

dr. Flaherty

Dear Dr. Goossens,

I am afraid it is not possible for me to provide you personal medical
advice in this context.
The data in our paper measure trends in the overall population, and are
less helpful when advising individual patients. A study in England
called BAFTA is comparing aspirin to warfarin in older patients with
atrial fibrillation, however the results are not yet known. When they
are available they may be very helpful in your case.
Until that time, I suggest you discuss your concerns and review the
potential risks and benefits of warfarin with a doctor you trust.
Warfarin is very effective for preventing ischemic stroke in patients
with atrial fibrillation and so for many patients it is still a good
choice. E-mail: matthew.flaherty@uc.edu

Best regards,

Matthew Flaherty

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Goossens [mailto:roodbont@zonnet.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:07 PM
To: Flaherty, Matthew (flaherm)
Subject: AAICH

Dear Doctor Flaherty

My medical doctor diagnosed a atrium flatter 23 November 2006, and
prescribed me Marcoumar. By blood controle the INR has to be between 2
and 3.
I am a simple veterinary surgeon, 82 years old and have to use now and
than a couple of celebrex pills, when gout comes up. Moreover I use
omeprazole to keep my stomach quiet. To keep my blood pressure adequate
I use 5mg amlodipine and 4mg perindopril and since my atrium flatter 50
mg atenolol. I have no troubles with my atrium fibrillation and if my
doctor would not have told me, I would not have noticed it.
Reading your article in Neurology I think maybe it is better to use 80
mg aspirin with or without persantin (pirydamole) to avoid AAICH.
I would be much obliged to you, if you let me know if you can agree with
my supposition.
sincerely yours Jan Goossens.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?