Friday, August 03, 2012

 


ACE-inhibitor


Free Full-Text Article
Summary and Comment

ACE Inhibitor Use Lowers Risks for Pneumonia

A meta-analysis showed that angiotensin-converting–enzyme inhibitors, but not angiotensin-receptor blockers, lowered risk.
Many patients (as many as one third) who take angiotensin-converting–enzyme (ACE) inhibitors develop coughs. However, an enhanced cough reflex might lower risk for pneumonia. In this meta-analysis of 37 studies (18 randomized trials, 11 cohort studies, and 8 case-control studies), investigators evaluated the association between use of ACE inhibitors or angiotensin-receptor blockers (ARBs) and risk for pneumonia.
Overall, use of ACE inhibitors was associated with a significant 34% lower risk for pneumonia compared with no use of ACE inhibitors and a significant 30% lower risk for pneumonia compared with ARB use. Subgroup analyses of patients with stroke or heart failure yielded similar results. Finally, use of ACE inhibitors compared with no use was associated with a significant 27% lower risk for pneumonia-related death.
Comment: In this study, ACE inhibitor use was associated with attenuation of risks for pneumonia and pneumonia-related death. The authors suggest that "patients taking ACE inhibitors who develop cough should, providing that cough is tolerable, persist with treatment." Although this suggestion is reasonable (especially because ACE inhibitors confer considerable cardiovascular benefit), many patients with ACE inhibitor–related cough find this side effect too annoying or disruptive to continue taking the drug.
Paul S. Mueller, MD, MPH, FACP
Published in Journal Watch General Medicine August 2, 2012

Comments:
It's so amazing when one finally finds joy in achieving something that’s so important to humans, which is sound good health, bcs there’s nothing more beautiful than having good health and  being free from disease and infections. I don’t even know what else to say or rather how to express my joy, but it must! Be voiced out for thy Lord God Almighty is worthy to be praised . I never knew or believed I would be cured from my hsv2. It is a miracle and a thing of joy, just two weeks of me following some real and fast effective protocols I was able to eradicate my long term genital herpes. I can boldly say that I’m now herpes negative. I’m cured from my HSV2. I’m so excited . I’m willing to help anyone who’s out there still suffering from the herpes virus. If you need any assistance on how to get rid of your herpes virus just the way I got rid of mine within two weeks, just email herbal Dr. Kham at dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com Doctor Kham is also available on WhatsApp. You can write to him on WhatsApp (+2348159922297)   and you will share your healing protocols the way i just did or visit his website at https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba           
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?